Thursday 7 June 2012

Charlize Theron’s good deed turns disastrous

As the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished — which Charlize Theron learned the hard way recently when she auctioned off a date for charity and found herself in a creepy situation.
"It [was] like the worst idea ever," the 36-year-old "Prometheus" star told host Conan O'Brien on his TBS talk show Tuesday night. "It's one of those things, I was like: Yeah, I am a dumb blonde. Who does that? Who says yes?"

Theron at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards on June 3 




The single mom, who adopted a son named Jackson earlier this year, says that she initially agreed to go on a date with the highest bidder to help benefit a good cause. However, she didn't think through the decision and quickly regretted it. "They trick you with the 'people are suffering' thing," she said. "Then you fall for it and before you know it you're at a restaurant with some stranger. Like you could end up in [serial killer Jeffrey] Dahmer's apartment!"

When O'Brien pressed for details about the "date," she replied, "Please don't call it a date. I went to dinner with a strange man. I was so scared actually that I made two of my girlfriends go and sit at the restaurant while I was there. The closer I got to it happening I thought: This could turn out really bad. Rich people can be creeps, too! … Look, I'd rather just give the money [to charity]. It was a scary thing. And he was weird!"
Theron didn't go into further detail about how her dinner date was "weird," probably because she didn't want to embarrass him more than she already had.
The Academy Award winning actress' latest film, sci-fi flick "Prometheus," opens Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment