Friday 8 June 2012

Ronaldo: I would sign for 10 years with Real

Cristiano Ronaldo has outlined his intention to stay at Real Madrid for the rest of his career after capturing his first La Liga title with the Spanish giants.


The Portugal international scored 60 goals in 55 games in the recently-completed season, 46 of them in La Liga, as Real overhauled Barcelona for the first time in four years and Ronaldo believes he is just paying back the world-record £80million fee paid by Real to Manchester United for his services three years ago.
He told Marca: "All that I have achieved I have done so with my sweat and talent, but overall with a lot of work. Nothing has fallen out of the sky.
"At times I think about how I am still the most expensive singing in the history of football and I always try to justify on the pitch the huge gamble the club took on me.
"About the renovation of my contract, if it was up to me then I would stay at Real Madrid for the rest of my career, but it doesn't all depend on me.
"I am not just saying this, I am sincere, I want to finish my career here. I would sign for 10 years today if I could, but this is something that also depends on other people."
The Portuguese is delighted that his compatriot Jose Mourinho has renewed his contract until 2016 and is hoping the former Chelsea boss stays in the Spanish capital for many years to come.
"I am happy Mourinho is staying. A club like Real Madrid has to have a top coach like Mourinho. The manager has to stay here, it seems clear to me that Real Madrid without Mourinho would win less titles than with him on the bench."

No comments:

Post a Comment